Accessory Spotlight: Kinesis Freestyle2 Blue wireless ergonomic keyboard
Welcome to Accessory Spotlight, a weekly column where we highlight an accessory that we find to be incredibly useful, a fantastic value, or both. This week we’ve selected the Kinesis Freestyle2 Blue wireless keyboard. There are good wireless keyboards and good ergonomic keyboards. We like the Freestyle2 Blue because it is good at being both.
What you need to know
- Award-winning split design – unlike fixed ergonomic keyboards, the Freestyle2 Blue allows you to rotate and separate the two keyboard halves up to 9-inches to achieve natural hand, wrist and forearm positions for your specific body type and preferences.
- Convenient Bluetooth connection – multichannel Bluetooth tech allows you to pair the keyboard with up to 3 different devices including both MacBook and iPhones/iPads.
- Standard Mac layout – the Freestyle2 for Mac features a standard Mac layout with Mac-specific hotkeys, shortcuts and multimedia keys to boost your productivity.
- Low-force key switches – the Blue uses a custom membrane key switch that features a low-activation force and tactile feedback to reduce finger fatigue, impact and strain.
- Rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery- lasts up to 6 months between charges and can be recharged via standard microUSB cable (even while in use).
I’ve been using the Freestyle2 for about 6 months now and I’m a huge fan. I really like that it’s Bluetooth, so it can quickly connect to several devices, and that the mechanical keys go clickity-clack when I type. But where this thing shines the most is in the ergonomics. I have had noticeably-less hand/wrist pain since I started using the Blue full time.
Also be sure to check out our previous accessory spotlight picks here.
Source link: https://www.idownloadblog.com/2020/06/06/accessory-spotlight-kinesis/